Open Google Apps
On the landing page, scroll down to open EasyBib.
Open EasyBib. Open a new project (MLA 7), name it R U What U Eat - your country name, share it with your group mates (only one group member should do this), and leave that tab open.
Do not export your EasyBib bibliography until all your group members have added all their resources. Then each group member should export the document to Google Docs/Drive, and rename it.
Online catalog, Books, eBooks & websites:
- User your personal user name and password to log in - that will make the song stop ;)
- When on campus, use print books from library shelves (titles). When at home, use eBooks (digital resources tab)
- Annals of American History
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - American Eras NOW ONLINE!!!!!!!
- ABC-CLIO - American History
- History in Context
- Historical Newspapers
See individual keyword recommendations for each topic
- Immigration: easy enough - plenty of books
- Labor Unions: same as above
- Farmer: search terms include agri* (agriculture, agrarian, yada yada yada)
- Urbanization: search terms include Progressives, and Progressive Reform Movement
- Sport: Be sure to consult the list of books we've identified. Special emphasis was paid to this topic when buying and cataloging them.
- Cattle: Same as #3, but add ranching, western expansion
- Supreme Court: We have reference books about famous court cases. Start there. Use Oliver (online catalog)
- Corruption: search terms include business, big business, moguls, gilded age, anti-trust, bribes, scandals
- Monopolies: search terms include business, big business, moguls, gilded age, anti-trust
- Technology: Industrial revolution
- Women: Be sure to consult the list of books we've identified. Special emphasis was paid to this topic when buying and cataloging them.